Author Topic: Save, Upload & Close  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save, Upload & Close
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
Was doing an intense speed dependent editing job this week and was wondering:

If when clicking the "Save, Upload & →" button in the IPTC info box to FTP a pic, is it possible there could be a customizable way to change the button's function. 

I would like to click the upload button and have it transmit the pic and close the IPTC info box at the same time. To then be able to go back to viewing ingested images' thumbnails to choose the next picture to edit up.  At the moment, when you hit the upload button you then have to move the cursor to click "OK" to close the window (of the next pic to the right) to go back to the thumbnails.

It's just a small thing but would improve workflow speed and smoothness when working on jobs where you have to edit and transmit a lot of images for deadline.

The current upload feature from the IPTC info box is a great addition to PM5, but hitting upload and then moving into the IPTC info box of the next picture to the right is of no use to me.  As I only caption and transmit images once I've P-shopped them and saved as directly into a transmits folder called "Sent".  Moving to the right just goes into the IPTC of the last picture I transmitted.

Many thanks for listening,

Matt

Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save, Upload & Close
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:16 AM »
Matt,

Was doing an intense speed dependent editing job this week and was wondering:

If when clicking the "Save, Upload & →" button in the IPTC info box to FTP a pic, is it possible there could be a customizable way to change the button's function. 

I would like to click the upload button and have it transmit the pic and close the IPTC info box at the same time. To then be able to go back to viewing ingested images' thumbnails to choose the next picture to edit up.  At the moment, when you hit the upload button you then have to move the cursor to click "OK" to close the window (of the next pic to the right) to go back to the thumbnails.

It's just a small thing but would improve workflow speed and smoothness when working on jobs where you have to edit and transmit a lot of images for deadline.

The current upload feature from the IPTC info box is a great addition to PM5, but hitting upload and then moving into the IPTC info box of the next picture to the right is of no use to me.  As I only caption and transmit images once I've P-shopped them and saved as directly into a transmits folder called "Sent".  Moving to the right just goes into the IPTC of the last picture I transmitted.

Why use the mouse at all?  There are keyboard shortcuts for all of those buttons (hover your mouse pointer long enough over them and a tooltip will appear showing you the shortcut) and you can close the dialog by pressing the Esc key.  No mouse movement is necessary at all.

-Kirk

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Save, Upload & Close
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:51:03 AM »
Thanks Kirk,

Knew "Cmd-U" for upload but didn't know about hitting the "Esc" key to close dialog - just tried on a batch of pics and that flows well.

Many thanks for the help, Matt
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.