Author Topic: IPTC stationery customization and Desired Name variable  (Read 3632 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
IPTC stationery customization and Desired Name variable
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:41:29 AM »
The ability to customize the IPTC Stationery is a great addition to PM.  It does complicate writing code replacement scripts somewhat.  An example probably best demonstrates this.

Suppose I've changed the Desired Name for Supp Cat 1, 2, and 3 to Team, Class, and Gender.  All my CR scripts still have to use {sup1}, {sup2}, and {sup3}, and these variable names are no longer very descriptive.

Would it be possible to add a variable that can access a field by it's Desired Name?  For example {desired:Team}.  The only issue I see with this is if someone changed the Desired Name of multiple fields to the same name.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC stationery customization and Desired Name variable
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:46:32 AM »
Deven,

The ability to customize the IPTC Stationery is a great addition to PM.  It does complicate writing code replacement scripts somewhat.  An example probably best demonstrates this.

Suppose I've changed the Desired Name for Supp Cat 1, 2, and 3 to Team, Class, and Gender.  All my CR scripts still have to use {sup1}, {sup2}, and {sup3}, and these variable names are no longer very descriptive.

Would it be possible to add a variable that can access a field by it's Desired Name?  For example {desired:Team}.  The only issue I see with this is if someone changed the Desired Name of multiple fields to the same name.

I'm sure it's possible.  But I don't know if we would do it.  Variables and Code Replacement are already pretty tricky stuff.

-Kirk