Author Topic: Copying image files to a network  (Read 4636 times)

Offline rgarrison

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copying image files to a network
« on: May 24, 2006, 04:08:53 PM »
Since version 4.1 came out I've lost the ability to copy images from my Titanium G4 powerbook to our local network. I get a message saying there were errors duirng the copy operation. I'm running OS 10.4.

I have no problem copying from a card to my hard drive. But i'm unable to copy to a folder on a network from my hard drive or directly from a card. Any ideas why this is happening?

Ron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copying image files to a network
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:36:07 PM »
Since version 4.1 came out I've lost the ability to copy images from my Titanium G4 powerbook to our local network. I get a message saying there were errors duirng the copy operation. I'm running OS 10.4.

I have no problem copying from a card to my hard drive. But i'm unable to copy to a folder on a network from my hard drive or directly from a card. Any ideas why this is happening?

Do you have permission to read and write to this network drive/folder?

-Kirk

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:19 AM »
I have the same problem. Copy files to network folder using Copy/Move Photos dialog doesn't work. Permissions ok. No problem copying same files using Finder.

Jarle

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »
Jarle,

I have the same problem. Copy files to network folder using Copy/Move Photos dialog doesn't work. Permissions ok. No problem copying same files using Finder.

I doubt your problem is related to this user's six and a half year old problem.  Please provide more details about your issue.  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4688.0

What kind of network drive are you using?  Does it mount as a volume?  Or is is some kind of virtual disk?

Are you able to pick a folder on your drive via the Navigator and browse it?

-Kirk

Offline jarle

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 06:49:19 AM »
Sorry. Didn't notice the post was this old (found it through a search). Anyway - the description was spot on, except for the specs. Problem is now solved using AFP instead of SMB. OSX 10.7.4, PM 5.0 build 13444.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:04:01 AM by jarle »