Author Topic: Stability of Latest Build  (Read 2892 times)

Offline ellisphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stability of Latest Build
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:30:16 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13507 (c69a93e) on Mac OS X 10.7.5 on my Intel-based Mac

Following the update to the latest build I have found it very unstable. This morning alone it has shut down four times for no reason what so ever. I also find that it will not copy or move images to other folders. When I select a group of images to copy or move the dialog boxes open, then show no progress and follows with a bounce out of the copy dialog saying it encountered an error and cannot copy.

Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stability of Latest Build
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:39:53 AM »
Richard,

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13507 (c69a93e) on Mac OS X 10.7.5 on my Intel-based Mac

Following the update to the latest build I have found it very unstable. This morning alone it has shut down four times for no reason what so ever. I also find that it will not copy or move images to other folders. When I select a group of images to copy or move the dialog boxes open, then show no progress and follows with a bounce out of the copy dialog saying it encountered an error and cannot copy.

When you say it has shut down, do you mean that it has crashed?  If so, when PM5 is launched again it should show you the 'Crash Reporter'.  File Crash Reports, please.  They come directly to me.

As for the Copy/Move issues, have you tried running the Disk Utility application and checked the permissions on your system?

-Kirk