Author Topic: Country Code issue  (Read 2195 times)

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Country Code issue
« on: December 24, 2012, 03:40:21 AM »
I'm running PM 5.0 build 13507 on an Intel-based Mac with OS 10.7.5.

I recently xmitted some photos with the country code set as New Zealand. However, when they images were received, the country showed as US. I can't find anywhere in the stationery pad where there is any other setting for a country that would indicate the US.

I checked my camera (Nikon D3) and found that it was still set to the Los Angeles time zone, but don't know if that would override the PM settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Country Code issue
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:27:05 AM »
I'm running PM 5.0 build 13507 on an Intel-based Mac with OS 10.7.5.

I recently xmitted some photos with the country code set as New Zealand. However, when they images were received, the country showed as US. I can't find anywhere in the stationery pad where there is any other setting for a country that would indicate the US.

I checked my camera (Nikon D3) and found that it was still set to the Los Angeles time zone, but don't know if that would override the PM settings.

Any ideas?

No, but please post a sample file so we can look at it.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
Kirk:

Thanks for the reply. I've posted the IPTC Stationery Pad . . .

My photo agency says that US was being auto-filled in the country section even though I have NZ for the country and have the box checked. I'm wondering if I also need to put that in under the section "locations taken and show."

Thanks for the help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
Kirk:

Thanks for the reply. I've posted the IPTC Stationery Pad . . .

My photo agency says that US was being auto-filled in the country section even though I have NZ for the country and have the box checked. I'm wondering if I also need to put that in under the section "locations taken and show."

Thanks for the help.

The samples I am looking for is the uploaded image (from their server) and the image that is on your system that you uploaded.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Here’s the image (resized) from my system. No sure how to get the one from their server (which had the country corrected by them).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »
Here’s the image (resized) from my system. No sure how to get the one from their server (which had the country corrected by them).

OK, well without both images it will be hard to tell what happened.  My guess would be that you applied an IPTC Stationery Pad during the upload that changed the country code.  I know you said that your IPTC Stationery Pad had NZ as the country code, but are you certain that the file you uploaded is the one that was in use at the time of the upload?

-Kirk

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »
Kirk:

The problem seems to be the server at the receiving end. I was advised that  was automatically inserting US into the country code even if I had put in NZ when I uploaded the images. They’re working on the problem . . . suggested that I include NZ in the caption field when I do an upload. We’ll see if that works, or they come up with a server fix.

Thanks for the help. Hope you have a happy new year.

pj