Author Topic: Manually arranging files for html export and proof sheets through Photoshop  (Read 5772 times)

Offline amdaddio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Daddio Photography
Hi Kirk,
Is it possible to manually arrange the sequencing of images in order to change the way they will display when creating an html gallery? i.e. if I want to order them differently, need to retain their unique filenames so I can’t rename them, but would like to arrange and order them manually and not sequenced through any variables... say for aesthetic or dramatic effect, is this at all possible?

My other question is would it be possible to write a droplet for Photoshop's Contact Sheet II function so that I could selectively run a proof sheet of only certain images through Photoshop. I've tried writing a droplet for this, but it will make an entire proof sheet for each image that is selected... Other droplets I've tried run just fine. Any thoughts on how to do this or what I may be missing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Andy,

Is it possible to manually arrange the sequencing of images in order to change the way they will display when creating an html gallery? i.e. if I want to order them differently, need to retain their unique filenames so I can’t rename them, but would like to arrange and order them manually and not sequenced through any variables... say for aesthetic or dramatic effect, is this at all possible?

Not in the current 4.4.x version.  In 4.5 this feature is implemented.

Quote from: amdaddio
My other question is would it be possible to write a droplet for Photoshop's Contact Sheet II function so that I could selectively run a proof sheet of only certain images through Photoshop. I've tried writing a droplet for this, but it will make an entire proof sheet for each image that is selected... Other droplets I've tried run just fine. Any thoughts on how to do this or what I may be missing would be greatly appreciated.

I've only created the simplest of Photoshop Droplets.  Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

Version 4.5 will also include a highly scriptable HTM Exporter so if that's what you're looking for then 4.5 will help here too.

-Kirk