Author Topic: preview background  (Read 4106 times)

Offline sesportswire

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
preview background
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:56:39 AM »
I am hoping there is a way to change the background color in preview. I have been through the preferences and changed every color hoping to change the background, but it is still grey. If there is a way and I have just overlooked it, any suggestions would be welcomed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: preview background
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:33:16 AM »
The colors for the Preview are set in the Preview section of the Preferences dialog.

The two most relevant colors are Background color and Selected background color.

The other two colors control the colors used in the thumbnail strip in the Preview window.

-Kirk

Offline Nessa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »
I'm with sesportswire, for my PREVIEW colors I chose green, yellow, blue, and red, just to see what area was affected, clicked OK and nothing changed.

Just updated to build 13645.

Also, I lost all my overall colors for the program. The "theme" changed and I can't find anywhere how to change it back. This includes menu bars, status bar area, etc.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »
I'm with sesportswire, for my PREVIEW colors I chose green, yellow, blue, and red, just to see what area was affected, clicked OK and nothing changed.

Are the colors you chose and saved, restored in the Preferences dialog the next time you start up?

Quote from: folsombob
Also, I lost all my overall colors for the program. The "theme" changed and I can't find anywhere how to change it back. This includes menu bars, status bar area, etc.

If you're talking about the overall theme color (light/dark), that is controlled in the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog.

-Kirk

Offline Nessa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »
Hi Kirk,

If you mean are color selections still in the Preferences the next time I start PM, then yes. I selected them, clicked on OK, but nothing happened. I closed and reopened the program and the color selections in Preview did not reflect that which I had selected in Preferences and continue to be there.

Accessibility! Ah! Seems an unlikely place, but I can see the logic. Yes, that was the key to the newer, darker theme.

Thanks,

Bob