Author Topic: Live Ingest Problem  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Live Ingest Problem
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
Hi

I am having a problem with getting PM 5 ( latest build, on a Mac 10.6.8 ) to recognise new files when transferred wirelessly from my Nikon D4 with WT-5 using Image Transfer

I think the problem is that the Nikon seems to insist on burying the NEFs in layers of folders (3 deep)

Does PM recognise files buried in this way? I can't seem to get rid of them using Nikon preferences

Your help would be most appreciated

Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
Stephen,

LiveIngest is currently limited to 2 folder levels deep.  We're going to change it to 3 folder levels deep for the next build of PM 5.

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 12:45:15 AM »
Hi Kirk

Thanks as ever for super speedy reply

Great you are adding deeper level folder support

On this subject, for me it would be handy in a regular Contact Sheet to sometimes see sub-folders as well as top level. A simple check-box on the Contact Sheet page would do it (or maybe a preference which says "Always include sub-folders" )

Is this something that's easy to do? Or that you might consider?

Thanks again

Stephen
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:17:22 AM by Hydester »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
Stephen,

On this subject, for me it would be handy in a regular Contact Sheet to sometimes see sub-folders as well as top level. A simple check-box on the Contact Sheet page would do it (or maybe a preference which says "Always include sub-folders" )

Do you mean that you want to see folder icons amongst the photos for the other folders in the directory, or you just want it to recursively open them all?

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
What I mean is show all photos including any residing in sub-folders all in the same one contact sheet. You might want to put some kind of an icon to show that this is the case (and/or even the path of sub-folders). So in this mode, if I dragged a folder containing a number of sub folders with images in them, rather than showing nothing (which PM currently does) it would show all the images in all sub-folders, all in one window

Thanks!

Stephen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
Stephen,

What I mean is show all photos including any residing in sub-folders all in the same one contact sheet. You might want to put some kind of an icon to show that this is the case (and/or even the path of sub-folders). So in this mode, if I dragged a folder containing a number of sub folders with images in them, rather than showing nothing (which PM currently does) it would show all the images in all sub-folders, all in one window

While you can't already do this with drag and drop, you can achieve this from the Favorites or the Navigator by right-clicking on a folder and choosing one of the Open folder and subfolders options from the contextual menu that appears.

Perhaps that's useful enough?

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
Do you know what, I never use the navigator?!

I suppose a drag and drop version would be good, but I'll survive if you've got better things to do (which I suspect you have!)

If it was easy though, a little tick box which said "Reveal nested images" or some such thing, that would be great

Thanks again

Stephen