Author Topic: Contact sheet won't show all images  (Read 4210 times)

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
Contact sheet won't show all images
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
I have noticed an issue when I resave an image that has an uppercase suffix (.JPG) from photoshop (which is currently set to save as lowercase .jpg) using the same filename. Admittedly I expected the original image to be overwritten by photoshop but that's by the by. I then noticed that the new image won't show in an already open contact sheet until I go to the finder and delete the original image then close and reload the contact sheet. Refreshing and rescanning from within PM doesn't seem have any effect.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact sheet won't show all images
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
I have noticed an issue when I resave an image that has an uppercase suffix (.JPG) from photoshop (which is currently set to save as lowercase .jpg) using the same filename. Admittedly I expected the original image to be overwritten by photoshop but that's by the by. I then noticed that the new image won't show in an already open contact sheet until I go to the finder and delete the original image then close and reload the contact sheet. Refreshing and rescanning from within PM doesn't seem have any effect.

Are you using a case sensitive file system?

PM is apparently not completely compatible with them.

-Kirk

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:51:16 AM »
I've always used a default install of Mac OS X. X.JPG has always been able to co-exist with x.jpg as a different file. Isn't this the norm on OS X?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
I've always used a default install of Mac OS X. X.JPG has always been able to co-exist with x.jpg as a different file. Isn't this the norm on OS X?

No, it is not the norm.  Mac OS, even back to the original "System" was always case-preserving, but case-insensitive.

-Kirk

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
Damn. I have a reinstall to perform then. :(