Author Topic: Photo Mechanic suddenly running very slowly  (Read 2645 times)

Offline prairie11

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic suddenly running very slowly
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »
I have a MacBook, running OS X 10.7.5 (2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory).
I'm running Photo Mechanic 5.0. 

For the last couple of weeks, it's been taking forever to progress from photo to photo, and to change the zoom for each photo.  I was told by a Mac expert that this was probably because my disk (1 terabyte) was practically full.  I've since copied everything over to another hard drive and deleted almost all of my photos, but there's been no improvement.

Any suggestions?  I'd appreciate any help!  Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic suddenly running very slowly
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »
I have a MacBook, running OS X 10.7.5 (2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory).
I'm running Photo Mechanic 5.0. 

For the last couple of weeks, it's been taking forever to progress from photo to photo, and to change the zoom for each photo.  I was told by a Mac expert that this was probably because my disk (1 terabyte) was practically full.  I've since copied everything over to another hard drive and deleted almost all of my photos, but there's been no improvement.

Any suggestions?  I'd appreciate any help!  Thank you.

What are your Memory cache settings?  Have you enabled RAW rendering?  RAW rendering is extremely slow.

What kind of images are you viewing?  JPEGs?  TIFFs?  RAWs?  A mixture of several types?

-Kirk