Author Topic: B&W + Color (Compare)  (Read 1521 times)

Offline hexclimber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Limbic System PhotoWorks
B&W + Color (Compare)
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »
When shooting in RAW only, in monochrome.  Is there a means by which I can display a B&W side-by-side with the color version for comparison? Sometimes a photo "works" in B&W but not in color and vice-versa.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: B&W + Color (Compare)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »
When shooting in RAW only, in monochrome.  Is there a means by which I can display a B&W side-by-side with the color version for comparison? Sometimes a photo "works" in B&W but not in color and vice-versa.

No, that feature does not exist in Photo Mechanic at this time.  Feel free to make a post on the Feature Requests section of the forums.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: B&W + Color (Compare)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
Is there a means by which I can display a B&W side-by-side with the color version for comparison? Sometimes a photo "works" in B&W but not in color and vice-versa.

As a workaround, you could quickly copy the photo  (Command-Y, then choose "Original Folder") ) and then edit your copy (Command-E)  to B&W however you normally would. Then in your Preview window (Command-R) you can select side-by-side view. It's not instant, but with keyboard shortcuts it can be pretty quick

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits