Author Topic: How to configure custom editor?  (Read 4017 times)

Offline sskennel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to configure custom editor?
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
Photo Mechanic 5.0, build 13507 (c69a93e)
Mac OS X 10.7.5

I'm having trouble adding a custom editor in PM. In the Launching preferences, next to Assign specific editing applications for each file type: I click Set.... Then in the File type to application mapping window I scroll down and click on Custom editor #1: Using default editor, then I click on Choose.... and in the Choose an image editor application window I navigate to the Silver Efex Pro 2 application and click Open. When I get back to the File type to application mapping window it still says Custom editor #1: Using default editor.

What am I doing wrong here?

-- Roger

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to configure custom editor?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »
Roger,

Photo Mechanic 5.0, build 13507 (c69a93e)
Mac OS X 10.7.5

I'm having trouble adding a custom editor in PM. In the Launching preferences, next to Assign specific editing applications for each file type: I click Set.... Then in the File type to application mapping window I scroll down and click on Custom editor #1: Using default editor, then I click on Choose.... and in the Choose an image editor application window I navigate to the Silver Efex Pro 2 application and click Open. When I get back to the File type to application mapping window it still says Custom editor #1: Using default editor.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't know.  Is the application packaged in some odd way?  Can you select other applications without issue?

-Kirk

Offline sskennel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
Good question. I just tried setting it to Canon's Digital Photo Professional and Photomatix Pro. Neither of these worked either.

-- Roger

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
Roger,

Good question. I just tried setting it to Canon's Digital Photo Professional and Photomatix Pro. Neither of these worked either.

Please post a screenshot of what your Application picker dialog (the one you navigate through your filesystem) with, showing how you're selecting applications.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline sskennel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
Here you go. I just click Open after this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »
Here you go. I just click Open after this.

That should do it.  So when you click Open and return to the dialog in PM, what does it look like?

Are you able to set any other Preferences in PM and have them stick?

-Kirk

Offline sskennel

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
I closed and reopened PM to test whether or not other preferences were sticky (they were), and now I am able to set custom editors. Go figure. Thanks for helping.

-- Roger