Author Topic: Live Ingest: Not totally real time?  (Read 3495 times)

Offline ToastedSpider

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest: Not totally real time?
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
I've started using Live Ingest with the current version of PM:  5.0/13507 running on Win7/64 Ultimate.

When shooting tethered using Nikon Capture, I have an ingest folder that Capture places all files into (RAW+JPG).  PM is set to monitor the ingest folder, and move them contents to the final project folder.

With Live Ingest running, files don't show up in the project folder automatically (although they are in the ingest folder); I have to "refresh" the project folder by clicking elsewhere (on the desktop), and then again in the PM window.  Then... BAM! and files start quickly trickling into the project folder.

I prefer to use Capture to work with the camera.  Is there a way to "encourage PM to monitor the ingest folder and move contents to the project folder without having to refresh PM?

Thanks!
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest: Not totally real time?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Jerry,

I've started using Live Ingest with the current version of PM:  5.0/13507 running on Win7/64 Ultimate.

When shooting tethered using Nikon Capture, I have an ingest folder that Capture places all files into (RAW+JPG).  PM is set to monitor the ingest folder, and move them contents to the final project folder.

With Live Ingest running, files don't show up in the project folder automatically (although they are in the ingest folder); I have to "refresh" the project folder by clicking elsewhere (on the desktop), and then again in the PM window.  Then... BAM! and files start quickly trickling into the project folder.

I prefer to use Capture to work with the camera.  Is there a way to "encourage PM to monitor the ingest folder and move contents to the project folder without having to refresh PM?

Are you telling Live Ingest to open Contact Sheets during the Ingest?  If so, the tabs should automatically open and refresh on their own.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline ToastedSpider

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
I'll take a screenshot of how things are set up during our next shoot, and post for review.  Totally possibly I'm not configured correctly...

Thanks!

Offline ToastedSpider

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
Kirk - thank you for that!!!! Worked perfectly, and made a long-standing challenge (having to constantly refresh) evaporate forever!!!

LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

Thank you again!