Author Topic: OSX Macbook and scrolling  (Read 6072 times)

Offline cyron123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
OSX Macbook and scrolling
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
Hi,
i use a Macbook with OSX10.8.2 and a Magic Mouse with the "build in touch pad" not the mouse with the small ball. if i doubleclick a picture in Photo Mechanic and see the preview with the film stripe at the bottom the sensitivity of my mouse is tooooooo high. Only a 2-3 mm swipe and i choose another picture. It is very difficult to use the mouse with not rotating the weel. My settings "scroll" in OSX ist very low already!!!

Has anybody the same Problem? Thank you.

cyron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: OSX Macbook and scrolling
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:47:08 AM »
Are you doing a swipe gesture (three fingers moved left<->right) or two fingers (scroll gesture)?

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:00:13 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline cyron123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:34 AM »
Only one Finger!!! Just scroll!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
Only one Finger!!! Just scroll!

Have you tried adjusting the "Scroll wheel sensitivity" in the Contact Sheet section of the Preferences dialog?

-Kirk

Offline cyron123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
Hi Kirk,
Yes i tried that too. A cant See a difference with with the setting low and High..
Cyron

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
Yes i tried that too. A cant See a difference with with the setting low and High..

OK.  Instead of using the scroll wheel, how about using the arrow keys on your keyboard instead?

-Kirk

Offline cyron123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »
HI Kirk,
yes this is possible. But I click with the mouse on the pictures to choose one of them very fast. And this small and short click is enough to scroll between several pictures...not very comfortably. One milimeter of shift --> 5 or more pictures are scrolled?!?! Hmmmm!?!?
Thorsten

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »
Thorsten,

yes this is possible. But I click with the mouse on the pictures to choose one of them very fast. And this small and short click is enough to scroll between several pictures...not very comfortably. One milimeter of shift --> 5 or more pictures are scrolled?!?! Hmmmm!?!?

You click with the mouse wheel?  Or you click with the left mouse button but sometimes your finger brushes up against the wheel?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
Thorsten,

You click with the mouse wheel?  Or you click with the left mouse button but sometimes your finger brushes up against the wheel?

-Kirk

Thorsten is using a Magic Mouse, you know the one without any moving parts, but a touch sensitive surface. I use one too (when not using my pen) and do not suffer from his issue so I can't explain it  either ???
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:31:50 PM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline cyron123

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »
Yes, that is right. I use an apple magic mouse. This mouse has an big touch area for scrolling. The same area is for right and left clicking...And this is my problem... But it works fine with other applications.

@Hayo: it is interessting that you have not the same issue.

best regards
Thorsten

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Thorsten,

-Kirk

I have this same issue since PM5, a slight touch on top of the mouse and it will send the film strip flying as mentioned. Thought it was me just accidentally moving my finger side to side. Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Romeo,

I have this same issue since PM5, a slight touch on top of the mouse and it will send the film strip flying as mentioned. Thought it was me just accidentally moving my finger side to side. Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.2

The original poster was talking about the Preview item changing rapidly, not the scroll rate of the thumbstrip.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
Kirk,

I am talking about the same thing in preview window with film strip at the bottom.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Romeo,

I am talking about the same thing in preview window with film strip at the bottom.

Right, but is your mouse cursor over the thumbstrip or the preview image at the time you use the scroll wheel?  The OP is talking about the preview image and not the thumbstrip.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 05:39:28 AM »
Romeo,

Right, but is your mouse cursor over the thumbstrip or the preview image at the time you use the scroll wheel?  The OP is talking about the preview image and not the thumbstrip.

-Kirk

Kirk,

It will happen with the arrow on the preview window in single, portrait or landscape where ever the arrow is selected window.