Author Topic: Weird Copyright Entry  (Read 3070 times)

Offline nealjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Weird Copyright Entry
« on: November 19, 2006, 07:20:31 AM »
I have had PM for a year (I don't believe in rushing into anything!) but just decided to use it as an entry point into my workflow.  I entered several IPTC fields that I wanted to apply universally and saved them. One field was the copyright notice. 

The first batch of shots, however, had a copyright notice that says "Copyright John Jones John Jones."  It repeated the name twice. 

What did I do wrong, and how do I get this notice off the files that I processed?   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:23:51 AM by nealjackson »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Weird Copyright Entry
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:34 AM »
I have had PM for a year (I don't believe in rushing into anything!javascript:void(0);
Wink) but just decided to use it as an entry point into my workflow.  I entered several IPTC fields that I wanted to apply universally and saved them. One field was the copyright notice. 

The first batch of shots, however, had a copyright notice that says "Copyright John Jones John Jones."  It repeated the name twice. 

What did I do wrong, and how do I get this notice off the files that I processed?

What version of Photo Mechanic are you using?  What OS are you running?
Did you use variables?  And if so, what variables did you use?

To fix the problem, you can use the Find and Replace panel.  Search for John Jones John Jones and replace with a single instance of John Jones.

That should do it.

-Kirk