Author Topic: Transferring Color Class Values from Jpeg to RAW  (Read 1858 times)

Offline spaceheat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transferring Color Class Values from Jpeg to RAW
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
I am using PhotoMechanic 5, build 13507 on a Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core i5. OSX 10.6.8

I just started using PM5 this year, so I am a bit of a noob. Here is my workflow...

I am shooting small jpegs with wireless transfer to my laptop. I am also recording the RAW files to my camera's CF card. During the shoot, I am having clients reviewing and rating (assigning a color class) to the photos as they come up on the contact sheet through Live Ingest. Since I am only transferring the small jpegs, this happens pretty quickly and seems to work well for them.

Once the shoot is over and I am back home, I then copy the RAW files from my CF cards to the laptop. I need to find a way to take all that rating info from the jpeg contact sheet (that was done by the client), and apply it to my contact sheet of RAW files.

Does anyone have an idea how that can happen?

Offline spaceheat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring Color Class Values from Jpeg to RAW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »
Also... The filenames are the same, except for the file extension

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »
I am using PhotoMechanic 5, build 13507 on a Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core i5. OSX 10.6.8

I just started using PM5 this year, so I am a bit of a noob. Here is my workflow...

I am shooting small jpegs with wireless transfer to my laptop. I am also recording the RAW files to my camera's CF card. During the shoot, I am having clients reviewing and rating (assigning a color class) to the photos as they come up on the contact sheet through Live Ingest. Since I am only transferring the small jpegs, this happens pretty quickly and seems to work well for them.

Once the shoot is over and I am back home, I then copy the RAW files from my CF cards to the laptop. I need to find a way to take all that rating info from the jpeg contact sheet (that was done by the client), and apply it to my contact sheet of RAW files.

Does anyone have an idea how that can happen?

Put the two sets of files into the same folder (easiest unless you have restrictions), browse the folder.
Make sure your RAW and JPEG files are shown as a single item by setting Combined RAW+JPEG from the View menu.
Select all, then use the Update IPTC/XMP command on the Tools menu.  Choose to Read IPTC/XMP from JPEG.  Click Update.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline spaceheat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
Thank you Kirk. That worked great!