Author Topic: Drobo FS and PM 5  (Read 3735 times)

Offline tomang

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Drobo FS and PM 5
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »
Since upgrading to PM 5 build 13645 (f749491) I can't access my Public folder on Drobo FS (firmware up-to-date 1.2.4, attched via Ethernet). It shows up in the PM navigator but with no disclosure triangle. Naturally I have full rights to the folder, as I can read/write to it from Finder and other applications e.g. Adobe Bridge. Even another networked computer shows up. Worked fine, if slowly, in PM 4. Any help gratefully received. I don't want to have to return to working on Bridge. Many thanks. info@tomang.com
System: iMac 27", 10.7.5.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Drobo FS and PM 5
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
Since upgrading to PM 5 build 13645 (f749491) I can't access my Public folder on Drobo FS (firmware up-to-date 1.2.4, attched via Ethernet). It shows up in the PM navigator but with no disclosure triangle. Naturally I have full rights to the folder, as I can read/write to it from Finder and other applications e.g. Adobe Bridge. Even another networked computer shows up. Worked fine, if slowly, in PM 4. Any help gratefully received. I don't want to have to return to working on Bridge. Many thanks. info@tomang.com

Does the item that shows up in the Navigator have sub-folders?
If you find a folder you're interested in browsing via the Finder and then drag and drop it onto the Photo Mechanic application icon does it open up in Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline tomang

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »
Thanks for quick pick up Kirk. Must make a great quarter back. Anyway

No: no disclosure triangle, no sub-folders visible. See attached.

If you find a folder you're interested in browsing via the Finder and then drag and drop it onto the Photo Mechanic application icon does it open up in Photo Mechanic?
Yes; that works. Dragging folder from Finder replaces the existing contact sheet and displays thumbnails as usual (pretty quickly, actually).

Thanks for temporary work-around.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
No: no disclosure triangle, no sub-folders visible. See attached.

How does it get mounted?  It looks like it may just be a folder mounted in some unusual way.  Can you open a Terminal window, change directory to it, and then print the working directory (pwd), then copy and paste the 'pwd' output so I can see the full path?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tomang

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:29 PM »
I found that if I drag the Public folder to the Favorites in PM5, it showed the sub-folders.
I unmounted Drobo and re-mounted and it's now behaving OK.
Thanks, Kirk. for the tip
Ir'a probably Drobo glitch?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
I found that if I drag the Public folder to the Favorites in PM5, it showed the sub-folders.
I unmounted Drobo and re-mounted and it's now behaving OK.
Thanks, Kirk. for the tip
Ir'a probably Drobo glitch?

Possibly.  I don't know why it wouldn't work, but if it happens again, I'd be happy to work with you to find a solution.

-Kirk