Author Topic: IPTC Event and Location Data Disappears - V5  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Ned

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Event and Location Data Disappears - V5
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:34 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if it still is going to happen in the latest build of V5, and if the new build addresses the problem, but I've had my lists saved in City, Location, State, Country, Subject and Genre show up empty when I've restarted V5 after having shut it down early that day or another day.

Fortunately I have the list saved by exporting, but it's a pain in the neck to have to keep importing it. In the old version, this never happened.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, 64bit.

Please advise. Thanks.

Ned

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Event and Location Data Disappears - V5
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »
Ned,

I don't know if it still is going to happen in the latest build of V5, and if the new build addresses the problem, but I've had my lists saved in City, Location, State, Country, Subject and Genre show up empty when I've restarted V5 after having shut it down early that day or another day.

Fortunately I have the list saved by exporting, but it's a pain in the neck to have to keep importing it. In the old version, this never happened.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, 64bit.

Please advise. Thanks.

I don't know if the latest build will fix your issue.  We did make some changes to how the preferences database is read and written.  Perhaps that will solve your problem.

-Kirk