Author Topic: Color Class goes away on when a second color class is used  (Read 34250 times)

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
  • Where ever you go, There you are....
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
Color Class goes away on when a second color class is used
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »
Just downloaded the latest version of PM.  (Build 13645).  I have a problem with the Color Class "sticking" on the CF Card.

Here is my process.  Shooting a basketball game, I will tag images in the first half.  From those tagged images, I may put a Color Class of Winner on 10 of them.  I copy just those images to my hard drive and edit. 

I shoot the second half and tag images.  I go through those and set a different color class  on the images and ingest them to edit.

When I go back to my card ONLY the last Color class for the second half images are there.  The first half images which were color tagged, no longer have that color tag. 

What gives??

Offline tswarren

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Color Class goes away on when a second color class is used
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
I also had an issue tonight with the latest build (5.0, build 13645 (f749491)). I color tag images on while browsing the card. Then I open into Photoshop (CS5.1), tone and crop, and then save to another folder. The color class usually sticks to the image through this process, but with this latest build, it does not stick.

Thanks,

Ted S. Warren / AP Seattle

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
It is also not platform specific. Does it on my Mac with Mountain Lion and my Windows 7, intel based machine.

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:53:49 AM »
Hi!

Go to the preferences of PM, select the files settings and enable "Allow modifications on Camera Disk".

hth
Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:08:06 AM »
Thanks Sven.  Will give it a go when I shoot hockey today. Thanks!

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
That did not do it. Changed it on both machines and used them today.  Same exact issue.  Color Codes disappear.   :-[

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »
Just downloaded the latest version of PM.  (Build 13645).  I have a problem with the Color Class "sticking" on the CF Card.

Here is my process.  Shooting a basketball game, I will tag images in the first half.  From those tagged images, I may put a Color Class of Winner on 10 of them.  I copy just those images to my hard drive and edit. 

I shoot the second half and tag images.  I go through those and set a different color class  on the images and ingest them to edit.

When I go back to my card ONLY the last Color class for the second half images are there.  The first half images which were color tagged, no longer have that color tag.

What about the first half images that made it to your hard drive?  Do they have their color labels?

-Kirk

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
Kirk - The color codes make it to the hard drive and remain.  The issue is when I color code on the card.  The Color codes disappear on the card once the card is ejected from the machine.  As soon as I put it back in, without making any changes, the color codes are gone. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:11:17 PM by DCSportsShooter »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
Kirk - The color codes make it to the hard drive and remain.  The issue is when I color code on the card.  The Color codes disappear on the card once the card is ejected from the machine.  As soon as I put it back in, without making any changes, the color codes are gone.

Even with the preference changed as Sven suggested?  Did you do any other changes outside of PM before ejecting the card?

-Kirk
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:31:36 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
Kirk, made the change to the preferences on the Mac and Window 7 machines.  No change.  No other changes to the card other than ejected from the card reader.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
Kirk, made the change to the preferences on the Mac and Window 7 machines.  No change.  No other changes to the card other than ejected from the card reader.

Can you make a quick soft-edit (set a color class or tag) and see if the modification date on the file changes or the file size changes?  And what is the file type you're working with?  JPEG?  RAW?  If RAW, which kind?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:38 PM »
Just did it on my Windows machine. Time stamp changes, file size stays the same.  Working with .jpg only.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »
Just did it on my Windows machine. Time stamp changes, file size stays the same.  Working with .jpg only.

And that was with a completely untouched image fresh from the camera?  Can you post a sample image untouched and after color class change while on the card?

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline DCSportsShooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Goldminephotos.com
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »
Kirk - Image was untouched.   Voice tag in camera and locked in camera.  Brought in to PCMCIA LEXAR card reader on a Mac Book Pro running OS X (10.8.2).  Opened in PM, color tagged and then copied to the hard drive for editing.  Eject the card, put it back into the camera, used it for the second period.  Voice tag and locked in camera.  Opened in PM and the color tags from the first period take are gone on the card.  They stay on the hard drive, one the color tagged photos are coped over.  The photo (attached) was one that I voice tagged and locked in camera and then color coded in PM as Winner Alt (RED).  The color code is gone from the card.

The image attached is directly from my card with no edits.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »
Kirk - Image was untouched.   Voice tag in camera and locked in camera.  Brought in to PCMCIA LEXAR card reader on a Mac Book Pro running OS X (10.8.2).  Opened in PM, color tagged and then copied to the hard drive for editing.  Eject the card, put it back into the camera, used it for the second period.  Voice tag and locked in camera.  Opened in PM and the color tags from the first period take are gone on the card.  They stay on the hard drive, one the color tagged photos are coped over.  The photo (attached) was one that I voice tagged and locked in camera and then color coded in PM as Winner Alt (RED).  The color code is gone from the card.

The image attached is directly from my card with no edits.

OK, so can you now edit the image on the card (set a color class) and then post that image, please?

Thanks,

-Kirk