Author Topic: Ask on exit not working  (Read 4225 times)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Ask on exit not working
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »
Windows 7 32 bit

I installed build 13645 and PM no longer asks if I really want to exit.  Set and cleared the flag in prefs and reloaded prefs with no change in outcome.

Update: Maybe, maybe not.  It will ask when a folder or folders is/are open but exits without asking if not. My recollection is that it used to do for both.

Jerry

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:40:15 PM by jwvaughn »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ask on exit not working
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »
Jerry,

Windows 7 32 bit

I installed build 13645 and PM no longer asks if I really want to exit.  Set and cleared the flag in prefs and reloaded prefs with no change in outcome.

Update: Maybe, maybe not.  It will ask when a folder or folders is/are open but exits without asking if not. My recollection is that it used to do for both.

I'd have to check the code, but I believe that if there are no contact sheets open then it won't ask if you want to quit when you attempt to do so, even if the preference is on.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:42 AM »
Jerry,

Windows 7 32 bit

I'd have to check the code, but I believe that if there are no contact sheets open then it won't ask if you want to quit when you attempt to do so, even if the preference is on.

-Kirk

Kirk,
You're right...that's exactly what happens when there is no contact sheet open.
It sounds reasonable to me...it is most probably not an accidental quitting of the program.
regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
Jerry,

Windows 7 32 bit

-Kirk

I noticed the behavior when I "double clutched" closing a contact sheet and PM also exited.  I suspect that I never noticed that I was not asked if no contact sheets were open.

I am torn as to whether to ask to add this feature as I can see both sides of the issue.

Thanks to all,
Jerry