Author Topic: JPEG contact sheet will not open from open box  (Read 5384 times)

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
JPEG contact sheet will not open from open box
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
I'm on a MacBook Pro running Lion, Photo Mechanic 5, and shoot Nikon. When I start Photo Mechanic and select Open Contact Sheet a box opens to select photos I want to load into a contact sheet.  If I chose NEF the folder/file opens into a contact sheet every time.  If I choose JPEG the contact sheet will load empty and I will have to load the JPEG folder from the navigator.  I noticed this with the newest build 13645 and the build previous.  This did not happen in previous versions.  Is this a bug or have I got setting wrong in Preferences.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: JPEG contact sheet will not open from open box
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
I'm on a MacBook Pro running Lion, Photo Mechanic 5, and shoot Nikon. When I start Photo Mechanic and select Open Contact Sheet a box opens to select photos I want to load into a contact sheet.  If I chose NEF the folder/file opens into a contact sheet every time.  If I choose JPEG the contact sheet will load empty and I will have to load the JPEG folder from the navigator.  I noticed this with the newest build 13645 and the build previous.  This did not happen in previous versions.  Is this a bug or have I got setting wrong in Preferences.

Too early to tell.

Where is the JPEG folder located?  On what kind of device?

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
On my hard drive on my MacBook Pro on desktop.  I've had the same problem loading off of an external 2 tb WD drive. My file structure is usually top folder name of game, sub-folder name of game.NEF then another subfolder name of game.JPEG.  All the rest of misc. files are under the top folder.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
On my hard drive on my MacBook Pro on desktop.  I've had the same problem loading off of an external 2 tb WD drive. My file structure is usually top folder name of game, sub-folder name of game.NEF then another subfolder name of game.JPEG.  All the rest of misc. files are under the top folder.

Can you post a screen shot of the dialog box where you pick the folder with the folder selected?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Attached is a screen shot of the dialog box.  When I start Photo Mechanic this box opens up.  Also, if I want to pick another folder I press Command-O to open up a new dialog box.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Can I ask you to take and post one more screen shot?  Could you click on the triangle preceding the "Dynamo v HBU Scrimmage 1-26-13 JPEG" folder so I can see the filenames inside the JPEG folder?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
Sorry should have done that the first time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:24:33 PM »
Sorry should have done that the first time.

OK, so when PM opens up completely do you get a Contact Sheet tab with the title "Dynamo v HBU Scrimmage 1-26-13 JPEG" ?

-Kirk

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
No I get this.

Offline thorne

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
Kirk this may be a Capture NX2 issue.  I downloaded a new upgrade, 2.4.0, this morning and tried a small batch of JPEGs and they showed up in Photo Mechanic like usual.  Nikon in their description of changes had this "An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved." 

I'll be shooting a lot this weekend and will let you know if the problem still exists.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the trouble.