Author Topic: EM-5 Whitelisted  (Read 4332 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
EM-5 Whitelisted
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
Kirk: about a month ago, I mentioned that certain data was not being shown for the Olympus EM-5 camera in the Info window such as focus mode, Whibal etc, nor was the camera named on Ingest. You indicated that it would be white listed in the next build, but it hasn't been so listed. Do you plan to do so in the next build? Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: EM-5 Whitelisted
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »
Richard,

Kirk: about a month ago, I mentioned that certain data was not being shown for the Olympus EM-5 camera in the Info window such as focus mode, Whibal etc, nor was the camera named on Ingest. You indicated that it would be white listed in the next build, but it hasn't been so listed. Do you plan to do so in the next build? Thanks, Richard

Sorry.  I'll mention your model to Dennis.  We'll try and get it into the next build.

-Kirk

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »
Richard,

Should be white-listed with the current release.  Model "E-M5" not "EM-5" (as with your subject above), right?  Or is it "OM-D E-M5"?

Perhaps they changed something.  I'll have to investigate with some samples...

--dennis

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »
Dennis: sorry, didn't realize you had posted a response. The name Olympus uses is OM-D E-M5. I can provide you with files if you like. My most recent import of files on Feb 7 (via the most recent build) still was missing info listed in my original post. There are 2 Olympus models that were white listed, but not the E-M5. Richard
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:26:24 PM by rbsandor »

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
The name Olympus uses is OM-D E-M5. I can provide you with files if you like.

Richard,

I've looked into this further and found that we are indeed white-listing this model, but the problem was how we were reading the Olympus maker note tags.  The focus mode tag wasn't being read properly, and I have added support for a few other fields (flash exposure compensation, white balance).  We don't support all of the fields.

The fixes will be in the next build which should be next week.

Regards,

--dennis

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
Dennis: great and many thanks. Richard