Author Topic: PDF or word attachment in IPTC fields  (Read 3254 times)

Offline mcgax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PDF or word attachment in IPTC fields
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:53:38 AM »
I am interested in finding out if it is possible to attach an external Word or PDF document as part of the IPTC field to an image as model release information. Essentially, these are pictures of dental professionals we use for marketing an each individual has to give permission for the image to be used. So, we get them to sign a piece of paper. I want to be able to assign that piece of paper (Word or PDF) to specific images.
I am using PM5 Build 13444 on Windows 7
Many thanks for any suggested solution.
Apologies to admind if I haven't posted this in the correct section
mcgax

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PDF or word attachment in IPTC fields
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:00 AM »
I am interested in finding out if it is possible to attach an external Word or PDF document as part of the IPTC field to an image as model release information. Essentially, these are pictures of dental professionals we use for marketing an each individual has to give permission for the image to be used. So, we get them to sign a piece of paper. I want to be able to assign that piece of paper (Word or PDF) to specific images.

No, it is not possible to attach other forms of data to IPTC/XMP fields.  The metadata standards don't support it at all to my knowledge.  Why not just include the document along with the image when you deliver it?

-Kirk