Author Topic: select multiple folders at left and right-click  (Read 3249 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
select multiple folders at left and right-click
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
I sometimes find I need to do a global action on a group of folders in the list at the left, in the contact sheet. Currently you can only select one at a time but it would be useful to be able to shift-click or drag to select more than one folder, then right-click to perform the action on the group. As the current right-click menu is more or less specific to single-follder actions, PM would need to detect that more than one folder was selected and then bring up a context-specific right-click menu that applies to multiple folders. As a starting point, menu items could be:

-Colour label
-Move to trash
-Open in single contact sheet

I would find the last item most useful as I often want to open multiple folders in a single sheet and have to perform multiple right-clicks on each folder to do this.
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
Re: select multiple folders at left and right-click
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »
Any comment Kirk?
John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
Any comment Kirk?

I understood your request and had no questions about how it would work so I did not reply.  I often do not reply to feature requests if I understand them completely.

Your request sounds reasonable, but as for whether it will be implemented, I do not know at this time.

-Kirk

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
No problem. Thanks.
John