Author Topic: Vertical (tall) images are sending as horizontals (wide)  (Read 3699 times)

MelvynKnipe

Vertical (tall) images are sending as horizontals (wide)
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
Hi all,

I have scoured the forum and can't find any posts relating to this issue that I have (only old posts) - forgive me if I have missed anything that could answer this question (and delete this thread if appropriate).

When I send images via the upload option to our system at work, some vertical shots appear as horizontals - even though they were and are clearly vertical in PM.

Any ideas?

I did hear from somebody that if a vertical image is edited / cropped slightly then it will send as a vertical - this is OK however I don't always have the time to edit photos before I send.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Vertical (tall) images are sending as horizontals (wide)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
I have scoured the forum and can't find any posts relating to this issue that I have (only old posts) - forgive me if I have missed anything that could answer this question (and delete this thread if appropriate).

When I send images via the upload option to our system at work, some vertical shots appear as horizontals - even though they were and are clearly vertical in PM.

It sounds like your 'system at work' doesn't understand EXIF orientation tags.  You'd need to force PM to make some sort of change to the image, cropping, scaling, JPEG quality change, etc. and then the temporary JPEG will be 'hard rotated' and your system at work wouldn't be confused.

-Kirk

MelvynKnipe

Re: Vertical (tall) images are sending as horizontals (wide)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »
OK thanks Kirk, I will pass this info on to the powers that be.  Cheers!