Author Topic: confirm settings for use of XMP sidecars only  (Read 1880 times)

Offline myotis

• View Profile
confirm settings for use of XMP sidecars only
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:12:49 AM »
As one of the minority who want to use DXO, and need unaltered RAW files, can I confirm the settings needed to ensure that Photo Mechanic 5 will only write to XMP files.

It seems that the preference/general setting to allow raw files to be modified is no longer in PM 5, and I can't find it anywhere else.

But in Preferences  IPTC/XMP there are various settings under "When writing IPTC/XMP".

Am I correct that all of these need to be unticked except the last one that says "always create and/or update XMP sidecars.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Graham

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: confirm settings for use of XMP sidecars only
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:13:33 AM »
Graham,

As one of the minority who want to use DXO, and need unaltered RAW files, can I confirm the settings needed to ensure that Photo Mechanic 5 will only write to XMP files.

It seems that the preference/general setting to allow raw files to be modified is no longer in PM 5, and I can't find it anywhere else.

But in Preferences  IPTC/XMP there are various settings under "When writing IPTC/XMP".

Am I correct that all of these need to be unticked except the last one that says "always create and/or update XMP sidecars.

Is there anything else I need to do?

That's correct.  There is nothing else that you need to do.  We simplified things in PM 5 and that's why the checkbox you mentioned has been removed.

-Kirk

Offline myotis

• View Profile
Re: confirm settings for use of XMP sidecars only
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:32 AM »
Graham,

That's correct.  There is nothing else that you need to do.  We simplified things in PM 5 and that's why the checkbox you mentioned has been removed.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk, that is what I wanted to confirm.

Graham