Author Topic: PM V5.0 keeps losing settings  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Astonian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM V5.0 keeps losing settings
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:15:12 PM »
Hi

When i updated a while back to the PM V5.0 on my Macbook pro with operating system OS X 10.8.2, when i go to the ingest window its the default screen, i save the parameters of the folders etc, eject after injest etc, and when i goto re ingest when i have a new selection of images the ingest screen is back to default, the same goes with the Save as function it defaults every time i open.

I went into my Disk Utility and did the repair disk permissions but still the same problem

Thank you in advance for your help

Ian Cook

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM V5.0 keeps losing settings
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
Ian,

When i updated a while back to the PM V5.0 on my Macbook pro with operating system OS X 10.8.2, when i go to the ingest window its the default screen, i save the parameters of the folders etc, eject after injest etc, and when i goto re ingest when i have a new selection of images the ingest screen is back to default, the same goes with the Save as function it defaults every time i open.

I went into my Disk Utility and did the repair disk permissions but still the same problem

Try resetting your Preferences.  See this post for instructions: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8218.0

-Kirk

Offline Astonian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:33:50 AM »
Thanks Kirk i tried your method and ended up re installing everything, but i couldn't find the registry com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.registration in there, and its still not working. i changed some settings on my FTP and the changes didnt revert back, this is so strange.

Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »
Ian,

Thanks Kirk i tried your method and ended up re installing everything, but i couldn't find the registry com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.registration in there, and its still not working. i changed some settings on my FTP and the changes didnt revert back, this is so strange.

The Mac OS X system doesn't have a 'registry'.  The com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.registration file can be in two places and it is best if you don't delete it anyway.

What in specific is 'still not working'?

-Kirk

Offline Astonian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:38:24 AM »
Hi Kirk,

When i open up the ingest window its default so for example the primary location is not set, the options like unsource after ingest etc,

i select the primary location and tick all the boxes i need too, and save them as football, rugby etc depending on what im doing, then i close the ingest window down.

When i open up the ingest window again, its back to the default, i have to goto the lightening symbol and load from there,

the same thing happens in the save as function, for example i set my dpi to 300 and the file size to about 2 mB and convert to sRGB, then if i shut down PM and re open, its reverted back to the 200dpi the sRGB box is un ticked.

Hope that helps Kirk im crap at explaining but i am appreciative of your quick response

Thanks

Ian