Author Topic: Sluggish performamce on large screens  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Sluggish performamce on large screens
« on: November 24, 2006, 04:56:06 AM »
My intel MacBook flies with PhotoMechanic, however I see much slower performance on my new MacPro 2.66 Quad intel using a 30" screen. I believe it is due to the screen size. Here's what slows it down. During my edit I open a preview window full screen and colour code each image based on what I am going to do with it, keep it, delete it etc. On the MacBook this is very quick when I hit 1,2 or 3 the colour code is assigned almost instantly. However, on the MacPro using a full screen preview on a 30" screen it takes a LOT longer to assign the colour code. It's not amazingly slow, but significant to make the programme feel sluggish and to make me edit on my laptop instead. Can you look into this and see if it can be speeded up?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sluggish performamce on large screens
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:25:01 AM »
My intel MacBook flies with PhotoMechanic, however I see much slower performance on my new MacPro 2.66 Quad intel using a 30" screen. I believe it is due to the screen size. Here's what slows it down. During my edit I open a preview window full screen and colour code each image based on what I am going to do with it, keep it, delete it etc. On the MacBook this is very quick when I hit 1,2 or 3 the colour code is assigned almost instantly. However, on the MacPro using a full screen preview on a 30" screen it takes a LOT longer to assign the colour code. It's not amazingly slow, but significant to make the programme feel sluggish and to make me edit on my laptop instead. Can you look into this and see if it can be speeded up?

See this thread as it will likely solve your problem.

-Kirk