Author Topic: Missing folders and files  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Minorhero

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing folders and files
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:59:19 AM »
I am running OS 10.3.9, PM 4.4.3.3 and PS CS.

When I create a new folder with PM and save as files there, the finder sees the new folder and files, but the PS browser and PM do not if the destination folder is nested in the source folder Hitting refresh or quiting PS and restarting makes no improvement.

When browsing the source folder PS sees the original files but not the new folder and PM presents no toggle on the source folder in the navigator.

I know I could eliminate this issue by not nesting the folders this way, but it just seemed odd to me.

Suggestions anyone?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing folders and files
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:42:38 AM »
I am running OS 10.3.9, PM 4.4.3.3 and PS CS.

When I create a new folder with PM and save as files there, the finder sees the new folder and files, but the PS browser and PM do not if the destination folder is nested in the source folder Hitting refresh or quiting PS and restarting makes no improvement.

When browsing the source folder PS sees the original files but not the new folder and PM presents no toggle on the source folder in the navigator.

I know I could eliminate this issue by not nesting the folders this way, but it just seemed odd to me.

Suggestions anyone?

In PM, if you collapse the parent folder above the parent of your new folder and expand it again, the immediate parent folder should now be expandable.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Minorhero

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:01:51 PM »
Thanks Kirk,

I started with a fresh batch of test images and all is well. It's a handy tool. I'm buying.
Mike Fox's blog mentioned color correction tweeks in PM. I don't see much about that in your pdf. Care to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks again,

Bruce

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 01:12:48 PM »
Bruce,

I started with a fresh batch of test images and all is well. It's a handy tool. I'm buying.
Mike Fox's blog mentioned color correction tweeks in PM. I don't see much about that in your pdf. Care to steer me in the right direction?

Photo Mechanic is a color managed application, but it does not have color correction tools like Photoshop's Curves tool.  For that sort of thing you would still need Photoshop.

There is a full manual available in the Announcements section of our forums.

HTH,

-Kirk