Author Topic: PM 13764 - Colour Labels betweekn PM and LR4.x broken. Was working in 13645  (Read 3665 times)

Offline sangadi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I lost color labels being synced over to Lightroom after I upgraded Photo Mechanic 5.0 from Build 13645 to Build 13764. No changes made to LR.
Did anyone notice?

Thanks
Santosh

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Santosh,

I lost color labels being synced over to Lightroom after I upgraded Photo Mechanic 5.0 from Build 13645 to Build 13764. No changes made to LR.

No changes were made between the two builds in regards to how color labels are handled.  Are you telling LR to read metadata from the files when you come back to LR?

-Kirk

Offline huwi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hmmmm.... i've the same problem on my mac system... i have only updated the pm to the newest build. when i set color labels in pm and import then this images to lightroom, all pictures are defined with 'green'-color label instead the labels where i have used before in pm.

any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hmmmm.... i've the same problem on my mac system... i have only updated the pm to the newest build. when i set color labels in pm and import then this images to lightroom, all pictures are defined with 'green'-color label instead the labels where i have used before in pm.

The color label names are the same in both applications?

Can you post a sample file (XMP sidecar) or an image file?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file(s).

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline huwi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk

Sure... the labels are identical. I've attached a image where is set to "Rot" (red), a screenshot with the labelset from PM and LR. 

Best regards
Huwi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Huwi,

Sure... the labels are identical. I've attached a image where is set to "Rot" (red), a screenshot with the labelset from PM and LR. 

Your XMP sidecar file specifies a color label of 'Rot' and an Urgency of 2.  I noticed that you have the setting 'Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field' checked.  Is there a specific reason you have that setting checked?  It is mostly useful for folks that use iView MediaPro.  Since the index of green (GrĂ¼n) is 2 in Lightroom, I'd suspect that it is the Urgency field that is causing the issue.

I suggest turning off that checkbox and go to the IPTC Info of each of your images and set the Urgency field to Undefined.  Then force LR to read the metadata again.

Please let me know if this solves your issue, or if it does not solve your issue.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline huwi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk

I am soooooo sorry! Now i've found the idiotic reason for this problem! First, its definitively not a problem of Photomechanic. I've edited my metadata-set  (year in copyright edited). In this process i have not see, that the color label was set with a default (green, see attached picture). when i has import new images with this metadata-setting, then the color label-definitions would be overwritten...

I hope, this explaination is helpful for others...

Thanks for you support and sorry!
Best regards
Huwi

[attachment deleted by admin]