Author Topic: Rating, Color Code,Tag Display on top of images  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Warren

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rating, Color Code,Tag Display on top of images
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
Would Love this feature!!!!

There should be a customizable ability to have the Rating, or Color code or Tag / non-Tag appear in the middle of the screen over the selected image. Like the watermark is displayed in an exported image. It should be programable under the Preference Panels to be in the position you want it, the opacity, and if possible the duration of its appearance. This feature should also be able to be turned on or off with out going to the preference panel, as I am sure it is only a tool which would help a photographer in a hurry not someone who has other decisions to make!

This would mean that when browsing the images you can concentrate on the middle of the screen, or rather when in zoom mode, the most important part of the image (the info should always appear the same size no matter what zoom position one is in) and the eye would not have to dart down to the rating side or the Color tag side of the screen to "check" what you previously considered about the images rating or what ever... this should increase further the efficiency of the selection process in my opinion.

Rupert

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rating, Color Code,Tag Display on top of images
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
Rupert,

These indicators would appear each time a preview was shown or only when the values (tag, rating, color class) changed?

-Kirk

Offline Warren

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rating, Color Code,Tag Display on top of images
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
Helo Kirk,
Thank you for taking this seriously!

You have a good point if the values changed it should also appear, to confirm your choice!

I think it should appear every time an image appears!(obviously only if requested in the preference Panel- or with an on off function on the  the keyboard)  as said it would be great if it were programable to appear for a requested time, say from 0.2 sec upwards to continuos!

I do some selecting with clients over looking, and they do not register that I am "marking" images, as they always look at the image only, not the changing color Tag, bottom right, which is easier to see than the stars appearing bottom left hand corner, this  feature could help with this situation too!

Rupert