Author Topic: Folder status in "Favorites" panel is no longer remembered  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Citizenzoltan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder status in "Favorites" panel is no longer remembered
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
Hi, In the previous version of PM when I opened any folder in my Favorites panel (containing more folders with pics) they remained open when I opened PM the next time. In other words, PM used to remember how I left the favourites folders (open or closed). Now When I open PM5 all folders are closed by default, so I spend some time opening up the folders I need open slowing down my workflow. Is there a way to set this in preferences? If not, can you put this feature back in the next update , I really don't see the value of this change. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder status in "Favorites" panel is no longer remembered
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »
Hi, In the previous version of PM when I opened any folder in my Favorites panel (containing more folders with pics) they remained open when I opened PM the next time. In other words, PM used to remember how I left the favourites folders (open or closed). Now When I open PM5 all folders are closed by default, so I spend some time opening up the folders I need open slowing down my workflow. Is there a way to set this in preferences? If not, can you put this feature back in the next update , I really don't see the value of this change. Thanks

What was the last version that worked for you?
Mine remembers the opened state on my Windows 7x64 system.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
Just verified this on the latest Mac build. PM does not remember the opened status. Not for the favourites, nor for the Navigator items.

I think I actually like this, but I can imagine remembering may also have its advantages (make it a preference perhaps?)

Cheers,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »
Hayo,

Just verified this on the latest Mac build. PM does not remember the opened status. Not for the favourites, nor for the Navigator items.

I think I actually like this, but I can imagine remembering may also have its advantages (make it a preference perhaps?)

That's a Windows only feature and has never existed on the Mac version.

-Kirk

Offline Citizenzoltan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
Hi Kirk, I'm 100% positive it existed on PM4 for Mac, otherwise why would I miss it?? Nevertheless since you confirmed it to be available for Windows (and for very good reasons, too) would you agree that including this in the Mac version for the next upgrade would be a good (and not to complex) thing to do. Thanks for listening.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
Hi Kirk, I'm 100% positive it existed on PM4 for Mac, otherwise why would I miss it?? Nevertheless since you confirmed it to be available for Windows (and for very good reasons, too) would you agree that including this in the Mac version for the next upgrade would be a good (and not to complex) thing to do. Thanks for listening.

Another vote for that...
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi