Author Topic: Any plans for touch/gesture support?  (Read 4032 times)

Offline danecreekphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Any plans for touch/gesture support?
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
I just picked up a Lenovo Yoga laptop as my new photo editing laptop and it's awesome. One thing that becomes immediately obvious, however, is that many (well, actually, all) of my standard photo apps don't inherently do anything useful with touch and gestures.

Any chance of getting some basic touch support added to Photo Mechanic? Even being able to swipe left/right between images and then having finger-friendly buttons for setting colour and/or rating would be awesome.

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Any plans for touch/gesture support?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
Neil,

I just picked up a Lenovo Yoga laptop as my new photo editing laptop and it's awesome. One thing that becomes immediately obvious, however, is that many (well, actually, all) of my standard photo apps don't inherently do anything useful with touch and gestures.

Any chance of getting some basic touch support added to Photo Mechanic? Even being able to swipe left/right between images and then having finger-friendly buttons for setting colour and/or rating would be awesome.

I'm sure we'll eventually add support for touch gestures.

-Kirk

Offline danecreekphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
Cool. Lemme know if there's anything I can do to help/encourage "eventually" to be "next week" :D

Neil

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:14:37 AM »
I just posted a new topic about Photo Mechanic and Chrome OS. The new pixel machine would be an awesome photo mechanic client and the touchscreen ability would be fantastic as I sit with my business headshot clients many times every week selecting images with them. For them to be able to just touch to select their, well, selects, would be a big step forward.