Author Topic: Old PM still starts after installing PM 5  (Read 1891 times)

Offline tvizer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Old PM still starts after installing PM 5
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »

I am running Photo Mechanic 5, build 13764 and running it on a MacBook Pro laptop with OS X 10.6.8

My first forum post -- please help!   I recently took advantage of the Camera Bits sale and bought and installed PM 5 with no troubles.  But now everytime I insert a CF card into the reader, the older version (PM 4.6.9) starts up and it gets in the way and is disruptive and confusing. 

In the past, every update I ever did with this software would just "build upon" the previous version --- but this is acting like the new PM 5 is a new/separate program, and it and the older PM v4.6.9 are acting independently of each other.

I just want to use PM 5 --- ONLY!  I don't want the older PM to start up.  If there's a way to disable it without affecting PM 5, that would be good too.

Thanks, Tim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Old PM still starts after installing PM 5
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »
Tim,

In the Photo Mechanic 5 Preferences dialog switch to the Launching section, and click on the button at the upper right corner "Configure".  It is preceded by the text "Configure Image Capture to launch Photo Mechanic when a Camera Disk is mounted:".

That should solve the issue.

-Kirk