Author Topic: Star ratings randomly don't work  (Read 2317 times)

Offline mthreestudio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Star ratings randomly don't work
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »
Hello, I have Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 running on a Intel-based mac with OSX 10.7.5

I am trying to sort thru a shoot and suddenly the star ratings don't work randomly on some images, do work on others.  I've tried restarting the program, but that didn't solve it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Star ratings randomly don't work
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:32 AM »
Hello, I have Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 running on a Intel-based mac with OSX 10.7.5

I am trying to sort thru a shoot and suddenly the star ratings don't work randomly on some images, do work on others.  I've tried restarting the program, but that didn't solve it.

I suggest contacting support@camerabits.com via email for troubleshooting this issue.

-Kirk

Offline gengen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
I am having the same problem. Emailed support yesterday and have not heard back. Also left a voicemail and still nothing. This is so frustrating, especially when we have so many events to cull/turn in.

Can someone explain how to fix this please?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »
I am having the same problem. Emailed support yesterday and have not heard back. Also left a voicemail and still nothing. This is so frustrating, especially when we have so many events to cull/turn in.

Are you also running PM 4.6.x like the original poster?  If not and you're running PM 5 then you can get an older version that doesn't have this new issue.  See http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8780.0 for the release notes to build 15077 and download links.

-Kirk

Offline dmolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:27 PM »
Hello,
Funny thing...All of a sudden my tagging (T) and color codes aren't working. I have to press the button twice to get a photo tagged or color coded. I don't use the star system so I'm not sure about that...but it sould familiar...I have PM 5 build 15277....any thoughts from anyone?
Thanks!

Offline gengen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »

Are you also running PM 4.6.x like the original poster?  If not and you're running PM 5 then you can get an older version that doesn't have this new issue.  See http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=8780.0 for the release notes to build 15077 and download links.

-Kirk

I am running PM V5, build 15277. When will there be a fix for this version? I just download the other version and that's it? Nothing else I should do?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Yes, just download the version I referenced on my last post to this thread and your problem should be solved.  A new build will be coming soon that fixes this problem and has higher performance than build 15077, but it's not quite ready yet.

-Kirk