Author Topic: Problem with contact sheet  (Read 2277 times)

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem with contact sheet
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Win 7, 64bit
PM 5 build 13764

When scrolling thru the contact sheet, the screen looks like the attachment.  After a bit I get that Photo Mechanic as stopped working.  I have uninstalled all ver and have reinstalled Ver 5

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nikon Shooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem with contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
When scrolling thru the contact sheet, the screen looks like the attachment.  After a bit I get that Photo Mechanic as stopped working.  I have uninstalled all ver and have reinstalled Ver 5

Please post a simple JPEG screen shot.  Not a Microsoft Word document.  I managed to open up your file, but the image is very small.

Does it matter which folder you browse?  All folders end up making PM unresponsive?

-Kirk

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:52 AM »
This seem to be the only folder.  Tried V5 and 4.6.9 on 2 machines.  This folder contains a high school basketball game.  This is the first time I tried code substitution.  I put the number without the "\"  in the caption field.  Then custom sorted  on the caption to bring the players together.  Then applied  a stationary pad that had \{caption}\ in the caption field. That worked on one image, but not when all images were selected.  I think that somehow this operation corrupted the files.  After making a copy of the folder, I deleted the sidecars and tried PM again. Same problem.

I imported the folder into Lightroom 4 and exported all to jpegs to a new folder.  Then tried PM on just the jpegs.  Still have the problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nikon Shooter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
This seem to be the only folder.  Tried V5 and 4.6.9 on 2 machines.  This folder contains a high school basketball game.  This is the first time I tried code substitution.  I put the number without the "\"  in the caption field.  Then custom sorted  on the caption to bring the players together.  Then applied  a stationary pad that had \{caption}\ in the caption field. That worked on one image, but not when all images were selected.  I think that somehow this operation corrupted the files.  After making a copy of the folder, I deleted the sidecars and tried PM again. Same problem.

I imported the folder into Lightroom 4 and exported all to jpegs to a new folder.  Then tried PM on just the jpegs.  Still have the problem.

Could you zip up the folder or a portion of the folder and upload it to us for testing/investigation?

-Kirk

Offline dcayers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »
It might be in a few days.  My Drobo is off line as a upgrade the computer and network.  Stuff comes UPS ground here.
Staples is our technology store!
I was able to open the files in bridge and process in Photoshop.  Was able to give images of seniors to school.
Also new snow in Jackson Hole. the mountain is great!  More coming today.
Thanks.
Nikon Shooter