Author Topic: Edit function with external app no longer works.  (Read 961 times)

Offline MRM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit function with external app no longer works.
« on: February 03, 2022, 08:18:16 PM »
I use DXO PhotoLab 5 as my external editor.  Until recently I could select an image in PhotoMechanic Plus and press 'E';  DXO PhotoLab 5 would be activated or launched, and when it was opened the image selected in PhotoMechanic Plus would appear in DXO PhotoLab ready for editing.  Now, pressing 'E' launches or activates DXO, but the image does not appear.  When I select an image in Windows File Manager, right click, and select open with DXO PhotoLab everything works as expected.  As something changed in the latest release?

PhotoMechanic Plus  version 6.0 build 6245
DXO PhotoLab Elite  version 5.1.3 build 4720
Windows 11 Pro 22000.469

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit function with external app no longer works.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:38:51 AM »
I use DXO PhotoLab 5 as my external editor.  Until recently I could select an image in PhotoMechanic Plus and press 'E';  DXO PhotoLab 5 would be activated or launched, and when it was opened the image selected in PhotoMechanic Plus would appear in DXO PhotoLab ready for editing.  Now, pressing 'E' launches or activates DXO, but the image does not appear.  When I select an image in Windows File Manager, right click, and select open with DXO PhotoLab everything works as expected.  As something changed in the latest release?

There were numerous changes in the last release.

PhotoMechanic Plus  version 6.0 build 6245
DXO PhotoLab Elite  version 5.1.3 build 4720
Windows 11 Pro 22000.469

I suggest getting the 6097 build and installing it until we resolve the problem.

You can see all of the builds here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=15.0

-Kirk