Author Topic: Set Info - not reflecting changes v5 Mac Book OSX 10.8.2  (Read 1816 times)

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Set Info - not reflecting changes v5 Mac Book OSX 10.8.2
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »
I am trying PM5 on my Mac Book and I do not seem to be able to change 'Set Info' for the hover feature.

I change the layout and press SET, but when I go back to the contact sheet the and I hover - the original default view is shown.  I have blank lines in the layout.

I am also trying PM5 on an iMac with OSX 10.6.8  and that works perfectly.

Also:

When you close the last contact sheet tab, PM5 closes the Contact Sheet totally including the Navigation Sidebar, so you have to go and create a new Contact Sheet Tab - this does not seem a very user friendly function.  Is there some setting I can set to leave the contact sheet window open ?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Set Info - not reflecting changes v5 Mac Book OSX 10.8.2
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
I am trying PM5 on my Mac Book and I do not seem to be able to change 'Set Info' for the hover feature.

I change the layout and press SET, but when I go back to the contact sheet the and I hover - the original default view is shown.  I have blank lines in the layout.

Can you post a screen shot of your Set Info Text dialog?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

When you close the last contact sheet tab, PM5 closes the Contact Sheet totally including the Navigation Sidebar, so you have to go and create a new Contact Sheet Tab - this does not seem a very user friendly function.  Is there some setting I can set to leave the contact sheet window open?

In the Contact Sheet section of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog under the label Behavior: un-check the "Close contact sheet window when last tab is closed" checkbox.

-Kirk

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Set Info - not reflecting changes v5 Mac Book OSX 10.8.2
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply - the 'info text' worked, after Apple did a system update and re-booted.  I guess it was the re-boot, not the system update.

Also thanks for details about how to leave 'contact sheet view' open.