Author Topic: Ingest removes file settings?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Ingest removes file settings?
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:06:35 AM »
I've been sorting some photos on card by selecting crops, marking my tags and assigning some color classes - but when I ingested them it seems all these atributes got lost is it possible that ingest removes all these settings? Should it be that way?

I'm using a Retina MacBook Pro 13" with OSX 10.8.2 and PM Version 5.0, build 13764 (7b2b451)
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest removes file settings?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »
I've been sorting some photos on card by selecting crops, marking my tags and assigning some color classes - but when I ingested them it seems all these atributes got lost is it possible that ingest removes all these settings? Should it be that way?

I'm using a Retina MacBook Pro 13" with OSX 10.8.2 and PM Version 5.0, build 13764 (7b2b451)

Do you have PM5 set to allow writing to camera cards?  See the Files preferences for the setting.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Ingest removes file settings?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »

Do you have PM5 set to allow writing to camera cards?  See the Files preferences for the setting.

-Kirk

Thanks for the quick reply. This was the problem....it was disabled.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com