Author Topic: Preview Images Soft (Not Sharp) in Version 5  (Read 4301 times)

Offline dmolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview Images Soft (Not Sharp) in Version 5
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »
Hello,
I am having an issue where my preview images look "Soft" and out of focus in version 5 build 13764, but when I zoom into the photo it looks sharp. I did not have this problem in version 4.6.8. I attached a screen shot sample of the same image in the new version 5 as well as in the 4.6.8. If you look at them both side by side at 100% you can see the difference. I have Sharpen Preview off for both versions. I used to be able to tell focus attributes in the full screen preview mode, but now I need to zoom into every photo to see if it's even in sharp focus at all. Do you have any suggestions or perhaps a fix for this?
Thank you so much!
-Danny

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview Images Soft (Not Sharp) in Version 5
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »
Danny,

I am having an issue where my preview images look "Soft" and out of focus in version 5 build 13764, but when I zoom into the photo it looks sharp. I did not have this problem in version 4.6.8. I attached a screen shot sample of the same image in the new version 5 as well as in the 4.6.8. If you look at them both side by side at 100% you can see the difference. I have Sharpen Preview off for both versions. I used to be able to tell focus attributes in the full screen preview mode, but now I need to zoom into every photo to see if it's even in sharp focus at all. Do you have any suggestions or perhaps a fix for this?

Do you have any of the Shadows & Highlights functions turned on?  Otherwise the drawing code should be the same in both versions.

-Kirk

Offline dmolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Preview Images Soft (Not Sharp) in Version 5
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
Hello Kirk,

Thank you for your quick response. That is interesting as I went back and tried pressing "B" and "N" and the image is actually sharper when the highlights or shadows clipping is enabled. I wish it was sharp when it was disabled as sometimes I do not want to be distracted by the shadows and highlights clipping. Perhaps you can take a look on your end and see how the image actually gets sharper when the clipping notice is enabled and figure out why it does that.

For the time being though, I will keep highlight clipping notice (Pressing "B") enabled becuase it at least lets me see more critical focus on images.

Please let me know if you find anything out.

All my best,

Danny