Author Topic: 4.6.9 tumbnails not loading for mapped network drive  (Read 3647 times)

Offline pludder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.6.9 tumbnails not loading for mapped network drive
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
Hi,
This is really bugging me, when i double click any folder on my mapped NAS share in windows 7 photo mechanic does not open the tumbnails, however if i navigate to the NAS and then the same folder on the network, PM will open the same foder just fine to show the thumbnails of images in the folder. Just not when the share/folder is accessed as a mapped drive in win 7!

Is this a bug or am I missing something   :/
I tried reinstalling PM without any change...

Regards /Per

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.9 tumbnails not loading for mapped network drive
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
This is really bugging me, when i double click any folder on my mapped NAS share in windows 7 photo mechanic does not open the tumbnails, however if i navigate to the NAS and then the same folder on the network, PM will open the same foder just fine to show the thumbnails of images in the folder. Just not when the share/folder is accessed as a mapped drive in win 7!

Mapped, as in mapped to a specific drive letter?

I don't know of any specific issues with mapped drive letters (though that may not be what you're talking about) but I can tell you that we are only updating PM 5 so if there is a problem to be fixed, it will be fixed in PM 5 only.

-Kirk

Offline pludder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 4.6.9 tumbnails not loading for mapped network drive
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
Yeah, thats what I mean, when the share is accessed through a mapped drive letter PM just does nothing when I double click the folder or choose open in new contact sheet, but through network browsing it works just fine, very weird since credentials should be the same.
I tried remapping the network drive as well, no difference  :(
Tried mapping it and connecting with other credentials, no go.
Everything else but PM have no problems reading from the mapped share (and PM reads the directories, just refuses to display the contact sheet.
So strange
/Per