Author Topic: Rugby Photographers - simple way to create CR files from planetrugby.com  (Read 20165 times)

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
I have written a php script which may be useful to people covering rugby matches, it lets you scrape the team lineups for any upcoming rugby match from www.planetrugby.com and format them into a Photomechanic code replacement file.

1. Go to the "preview" of the match on www.planetrugby.com
2. Highlight the team lineup at the bottom of the article (ONE TEAM ONLY), select from the first letter of the team name to the last letter of the last replacement player's name, copy to clipboard.
3. paste the text in here http://service.actionshots.ie/photomechanic/
4. Click "Generate" copy the resulting text into your code replacement text file.
5. Repeat for the second team

This works as long as planet rugby's team lineup is written in the format they currently use (comma seperated list of players with their numbers. List preceeded by the team name with a colon... ie:

Castres:15 Romain Teulet, 14 Romain Martial, 13 Romain Cabannes, 12 Seremaia Baik, 11 Marc Andreu, 10 Remi Tales, 9 Rory Kockott, 8 Antonie Claassen, 7 Yannick Caballero, 6 Jan de bruin Bornman, 5 Rodrigo Capo ortega, 4 Christophe Samson, 3 Karena Wihongi, 2 Brice Mach, 1 Saimone Taumoepeau,
Replacements: 16 Mathieu Bonello, 17 Yannick Forestier, 18 Matthias Rolland, 19 Piula Faasalele, 20 Thierry Lacrampe, 21 Remi Lamerat, 22 Marcel Garvey, 23 Mihaita Lazar
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:01:40 AM by tommygrealy »

Offline tombearyphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Rugby Photographers - simple way to create CR files from planetrugby.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:15:41 AM »
i've been using this recently ... thanks for posting, its great. Work perfectly

Offline alphapix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Just spotted this message .. the link doesn't work anymore .. is it not supported anymore? Or is there a new site?

Offline tombearyphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

Offline Olivier

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »
Le lien ne fonction plus  :( j'ai réussi à le faire fonctionner une fois et depuis plus rien

Offline Dan Minto

• Newcomer
  • Always striving to create better images
    • View Profile
    • Dan Minto Photography
Thank you so much for this, very helpful. I've only just read it so my apologies for the delay!
Some Canon cameras and lenses, just don't tell the Wife which ones....

Offline TopHatter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
@tommygrealy - how difficult/hard was this to write?  Would love something that works for http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/squads.htm