Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Photo Mechanic Version 5 User Manual: Comments thread

(1/7) > >>

Mick O (Camera Bits):
(This is a modified repost of a topic in the announcements group. We're posting it here in Discussion as well so that people can reply and comment.)

Hi All,

We’re very excited to announce the launch of the Photo Mechanic Version 5 online wiki user manual. With 34 alphabetical sections of information, topics range from basic functions of the software to advanced features like code replacements, variables, and keyboard shortcuts.

You can find the manual at http://wiki.camerabits.com. 

Browse the user manual as an alphabetical index of topics in small chunks, or see it all on one large page to make searching simple.

If you find an error or would like to request additional information on a topic, we welcome your feedback or questions.  I’ll be collecting feedback from the replies to this post, so let us know what you think.

Thanks for your patience and for using Photo Mechanic!

-Mick O

Hayo Baan:
Hi Mick,

Great to see the manual is done! I'll have a go at it when I have some time.

However, for me to be able to do so, can you make a pdf version available too please? On-line reading just doesn't do it for me (let alone if anyone would want to print it). I understand (guess) you opted for wiki as that allows more interaction, but for me good manual should (also) be available as pdf. So please will you provide one?

Thanks,
Hayo

Mick O (Camera Bits):

--- Quote from: Hayo Baan on March 27, 2013, 08:55:28 AM ---However, for me to be able to do so, can you make a pdf version available too please?
--- End quote ---

We're looking into adding a PDF export capability to the wiki pages, that way you could print just the sections you need (and in chosen paper size). Or, you could print the whole thing of course.   In the meantime, printing individual sections right from the browser is not perfect, but it does work.  I believe if you print from the browser in Mediawiki (what we're using), most of the sidebar and header/footer stuff is hidden - so it looks surprisingly OK.    If you try printing, let me know what you think.

Sven:
Hi Mick!

Great work!
I was just reading through and found a little formatting issue at the end of the flat view in the FAQ section:

--- Quote ---Upgrading to a New Version?
I am a bit apprehensive about upgrading my older version of Photo Mechanic the latest Version 5 because it seems so different. I've tried the demo and I can’t make it work like I'm used to. Do I have to learn a new set of commands for the new version?Answer: Photo Mechanic Version 5 has a wide variety of customizable behaviors. This means that you should be able to configure it to behave like you're used to. Hopefully this manual will help you understand the different customizations.
--- End quote ---

There is the answer in the same format as the question.

I will read through it completely and will report other things that come into my mind.

Interested in a German translation?

Sven

Mick O (Camera Bits):

--- Quote from: SK-Foto on March 27, 2013, 09:45:37 AM ---I was just reading through and found a little formatting issue at the end of the flat view in the FAQ section:

--- End quote ---

Fixed, thanks!

--- Quote from: SK-Foto on March 27, 2013, 09:45:37 AM ---Interested in a German translation?

--- End quote ---

We definitely will be at some point.  I know mechanized translations are probably untenable for technical matter.  But, we are looking at a lot of internationalization options.  German will be a top priority.

-Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version