Author Topic: Stationery Pad  (Read 2956 times)

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationery Pad
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:57:55 AM »
I have asked a similar question to this and am still a bit confused, because you seemed to say that the IPTC of an image is not the same format as the IPTC of the Stationery Pad.

Is there not any way to copy an existing IPTC in an image to the Stationery Pad ?

I can copy the IPTC of an image and paste it to another image, but not to the stationery pad.

I find I need this facility quite a lot, when I am adding IPTC data, as I have many photos with similar IPTC and the Stationery Pad is perfect for this as the Stationery Pad is visible, for what you are doing and can be applied to many photos.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationery Pad
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:39:48 AM »
I have asked a similar question to this and am still a bit confused, because you seemed to say that the IPTC of an image is not the same format as the IPTC of the Stationery Pad.

Is there not any way to copy an existing IPTC in an image to the Stationery Pad ?

I can copy the IPTC of an image and paste it to another image, but not to the stationery pad.

It is definitely possible.  See this documentation: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC_Info

Specifically:

The modifier key adds functionality to the Clear, Apply Stationery and OK buttons.

Copy to Stationery: Copies whatever data is set in this dialog to the IPTC Stationery Pad

Hold down the modifier and Ctrl key and the Apply Stationery button changes to Apply to Selected. If you have a selection active in the Contact Sheet window then this will apply the current metadata to those images, much like the IPTC Stationery Pad does. All non-empty fields will be applied.

On the Mac, the 'modifier key' is the Option key.  On Windows the 'modifier key' is Shift.

So on a Mac for instance, while in the IPTC Info you can hold down the Option key in the IPTC Info and copy the current IPTC data to the IPTC Stationery Pad, and if you hold down Ctrl and Option, you can use the IPTC Info dialog as a quick IPTC Stationery Pad (all selected images will get the same data as is currently in the IPTC Info dialog [only filled-in fields will be applied, no fields will be cleared.])

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mosscliffe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Stationery Pad
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
Brilliant - saved me many keystrokes

Many thanks