Author Topic: How to keep SFTP from defaulting back to FTP in the Elected Uploader Window  (Read 2241 times)

Offline BJC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am using a Intel based Macbook Pro OSX version 10.8.3 with Photo Mechanic 5.0 Build 13895

I use SFTP to transmit directly from Photo Mechanic but need to reset after each transmission otherwise the window will default to FTP.  Is there a way I can change the default to SFTP?

Thank you

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Use the Upload command instead of the FTP command and it should remember your choice of uploader.
-Kirk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline BJC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, can you tell me what the Upload command is.  I usually hit command U which opens the File Uploader window from PM but the Selected Uploader window in the File Uploader window always defaults back to FTP.  I can click the up and down arrows which opens the box containing PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Zenfolio, SFTP etc.  Clicking on SFTP will change the Selected Uploader to SFTP but after the photo files have transferred the window defaults back to FTP.  What should I be doing to change this?  Thank you. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I'm sorry, can you tell me what the Upload command is.  I usually hit command U which opens the File Uploader window from PM but the Selected Uploader window in the File Uploader window always defaults back to FTP.  I can click the up and down arrows which opens the box containing PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Zenfolio, SFTP etc.  Clicking on SFTP will change the Selected Uploader to SFTP but after the photo files have transferred the window defaults back to FTP.  What should I be doing to change this?  Thank you.

The Upload command is listed on the File menu along with its shortcut.  You're using the FTP Photos As command which always forces the uploader dialog to select the FTP uploader template.  The keyboard shortcut for Upload is Command-Control-U instead of Command-U.

-Kirk

Offline BJC

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thank you, that works