Author Topic: Opening photos in Photoshop  (Read 6466 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Opening photos in Photoshop
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »
This is a small request, but would be useful at least for me, hopefully others too, and I hope simple to implement.

After I have done all my selecting of photos, the final choice is transferred to a new folder.  Still in PM, I then work through the new contact sheet opening each photo in Photoshop to do final retouches, levels etc.  I usually select a row at a time (usually six photos on my laptop) and Command-E or double-click them to open them all in Photoshop at once.  PM then obviously opens them in the order of the contact sheet, so as a result the new windows are tiled in reverse order in Photoshop.

Here's my request: It would be easier from a sequencing point of view to work through all the photos in order, so would it be possible to add a preference to open a selection in reverse order, when editing more than one photo?  I guess a checkbox in the Preferences would be the most obvious way to make the choice?

It's not a huge deal, but it would be very useful and help make the workflow smoother, instead of jumping forwards six at a time and working through them backwards.  I'm hoping it would be a relatively simple thing to add from a programming point of view?

Sam.

Mac 10.4.8 / PM 4.4.3.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening photos in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »
Sam,

This is a small request, but would be useful at least for me, hopefully others too, and I hope simple to implement.

After I have done all my selecting of photos, the final choice is transferred to a new folder.  Still in PM, I then work through the new contact sheet opening each photo in Photoshop to do final retouches, levels etc.  I usually select a row at a time (usually six photos on my laptop) and Command-E or double-click them to open them all in Photoshop at once.  PM then obviously opens them in the order of the contact sheet, so as a result the new windows are tiled in reverse order in Photoshop.

Here's my request: It would be easier from a sequencing point of view to work through all the photos in order, so would it be possible to add a preference to open a selection in reverse order, when editing more than one photo?  I guess a checkbox in the Preferences would be the most obvious way to make the choice?

It's not a huge deal, but it would be very useful and help make the workflow smoother, instead of jumping forwards six at a time and working through them backwards.  I'm hoping it would be a relatively simple thing to add from a programming point of view?

Yes, that would be relatively simple to do.  Let me run it by Dennis first.

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 03:07:45 AM »
Can I add another wish to this? :) Is there chance to get rid of "annoying" are you sure click when opening selection of photos in PS (and when pasting IPTC to selected photos)? I'm not saying to remove it completely, but just adding option in preferences, where those of us, who don't like this, could turn this warning off.
I know it's small thing, but at least personally I'm sure I want to do that, if I issue that particular command :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 05:48:08 AM »
Can I add another wish to this? :) Is there chance to get rid of "annoying" are you sure click when opening selection of photos in PS (and when pasting IPTC to selected photos)? I'm not saying to remove it completely, but just adding option in preferences, where those of us, who don't like this, could turn this warning off.
I know it's small thing, but at least personally I'm sure I want to do that, if I issue that particular command :)

All you have to do is raise the "Max photos to edit at once without warning:" in the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog.  Change it to something like 50.  The default is 5.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:58:20 AM »
Now this is cool :) I make a wish and next second it's fulfilled :)
Ok seriously... Thanks Kirk for help. I didn't even think about this, so thanks for pointing it out to me. :)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:14:41 AM »
Sam,

Yes, that would be relatively simple to do.  Let me run it by Dennis first.

-Kirk

Great Kirk, thanks.  :)  I hope Dennis will understand my logic too!