Author Topic: Being Able to Create + Save a Gallery of Images  (Read 3120 times)

Offline mcblum

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Being Able to Create + Save a Gallery of Images
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
Hello. I'm a long time PM user and there's one feature that would save us hours and hours. Currently, we're not able to create a gallery or collection, add files to it from wherever they may be on our server, and then save that gallery file to be opened at a later date or by another user. Because of this, we end up copying files into a different directory so that we can get back to that grouping but that means if we make any changes, we're not working on the original so we'll then need to copy each retouched file back into its original folder.

Because of the amount of image requests we receive and portfolios that we maintain I believe this feature would improve our lives greatly. Also, it would make PM the perfect application for us.

Thanks for your consideration.
Matt Blum

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Being Able to Create + Save a Gallery of Images
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 03:47:51 AM »
Hello. I'm a long time PM user and there's one feature that would save us hours and hours. Currently, we're not able to create a gallery or collection, add files to it from wherever they may be on our server, and then save that gallery file to be opened at a later date or by another user. Because of this, we end up copying files into a different directory so that we can get back to that grouping but that means if we make any changes, we're not working on the original so we'll then need to copy each retouched file back into its original folder.

Because of the amount of image requests we receive and portfolios that we maintain I believe this feature would improve our lives greatly. Also, it would make PM the perfect application for us.

Matt Blum

Hi,
I know it is not exactly the same thing, but you can open several folders in the same contact sheet and then save these multiple folders as a set by choosing a name for it.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Re: Being Able to Create + Save a Gallery of Images
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:41:13 AM »

Matt Blum

Hmmmm.... I would call this a cataloging feature.....  You're asking pm to make a virtual directory. It would be an awesome feature.
Marc