Author Topic: right click on contact sheet tab  (Read 5380 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
right click on contact sheet tab
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:41 AM »
- to rename folder at least, but perhaps pull up the system dialog that shows other properties of the folder.

I find myself frequently leaving PM to rename folders

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: right click on contact sheet tab
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:42 AM »
Ron,

- to rename folder at least, but perhaps pull up the system dialog that shows other properties of the folder.

I find myself frequently leaving PM to rename folders

You can rename folders in the Navigator and the Favorites.

-Kirk

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »
well, yes, but if that means either placing the current folder into favorites, or drilling down through the navigator to find the open folder.  The tab knows where it is.. it would be soooo easy.  (for me anyway).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
Ron,

well, yes, but if that means either placing the current folder into favorites, or drilling down through the navigator to find the open folder.  The tab knows where it is.. it would be soooo easy.  (for me anyway).

But a contact sheet can contain several folders.  What would the UI be for renaming one of many folders?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
Ron,

But a contact sheet can contain several folders.  What would the UI be for renaming one of many folders?

The ui could simply prevent renaming of contact sheets containing multiple folders. This would be the simplest solution and I think something all could live with.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 07:49:34 AM »

-Kirk

Wait, what?  With the exception of search results, isn't a contact sheet a representation of the  images contained in exactly one folder?   How could I open multiple folders within a single contact sheet?  (not that I want to, given organization scheme).

In the case of a search results, for Mac users anyway, perhaps a right click on the tab would have an option of saving the search results as a mac smart folder. 

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
Wait, what?  With the exception of search results, isn't a contact sheet a representation of the  images contained in exactly one folder?   How could I open multiple folders within a single contact sheet?  (not that I want to, given organization scheme).

Ron,

you have 2 options:
1.) In the navigation pane right-click a folder and select "Open Folders and subfolders..." (2 options there)
2.) Open a folder and right-click a different folder. Select "Open in current Contact Sheet"

HTH
Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Ron,

The ui could simply prevent renaming of contact sheets containing multiple folders. This would be the simplest solution and I think something all could live with.

I like the idea of being able to rename a single folder contact sheet by right-clicking the tab...One has to be careful when renaming in the Favorites or Navigator...because there are other folders around (above and below).
TIA,

-Luiz Muzzi