Author Topic: XMP / LR and PM question  (Read 4369 times)

Offline yozz84

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
XMP / LR and PM question
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
Is possibile to read in PM this, what I set in LR4 and write to XMP files?

Now i copy images from CF card to hdd in PM... I select images by tag them, crop selected images and go with selected images to LR.... In LR set stuff like basic, color, effects and other becouse i croped them in PM... Save all to XMP files in LR... and know i back to PM... but there is nothing change in previews... only change i see i crop... is there possible to see other changes made in LR ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: XMP / LR and PM question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »
Is possibile to read in PM this, what I set in LR4 and write to XMP files?

Now i copy images from CF card to hdd in PM... I select images by tag them, crop selected images and go with selected images to LR.... In LR set stuff like basic, color, effects and other becouse i croped them in PM... Save all to XMP files in LR... and know i back to PM... but there is nothing change in previews... only change i see i crop... is there possible to see other changes made in LR ?

Lightroom isn't updating the preview in the RAW file to reflect your changes.  You could use the DNG format, which Lightroom will update for preview changes.

-Kirk

Offline yozz84

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
Yes, bus LR and PM read XMP files... when i crop image in PM and import this file to LR, i see in LR this crop which i made in PM... i also see te crop made in LR, in PM view... so why PM cant read from xmp file for example this what we do in basic panel in LR ? simple exsposure, shadows, black, clarity and other...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »
Yes, bus LR and PM read XMP files... when i crop image in PM and import this file to LR, i see in LR this crop which i made in PM... i also see te crop made in LR, in PM view... so why PM cant read from xmp file for example this what we do in basic panel in LR ? simple exsposure, shadows, black, clarity and other...

PM does read that data.  PM does not have the ability to follow the 'instructions' in that data to render the image.  That rendering engine technology belongs to Adobe alone.

-Kirk

Offline yozz84

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:58:20 AM »
Ok... one more Question...

Is it possible to see in PM tag made in LR (pick "P" - white flag, reject "X" - black flag) or in LR tag made in PM - tick ("T") ?
Or the same colors in both apps, made in one or second app ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:34:03 AM »
Ok... one more Question...

Is it possible to see in PM tag made in LR (pick "P" - white flag, reject "X" - black flag) or in LR tag made in PM - tick ("T") ?
Or the same colors in both apps, made in one or second app ?

Lightroom doesn't pickup our Tag field which PM puts into the XMP data.  Lightroom does not put its Flag into the XMP data.  It is completely internal to Lightroom.

-Kirk