Author Topic: Can Photo Mechanic deliver reports based on EXIF data?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline ggeinec

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can Photo Mechanic deliver reports based on EXIF data?
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:54:23 AM »
I'm using Photo Mehanic 4.6.8. I've searched these forums and I've browsed the user manual trying to find out if Photo Mechanic is able to scan through EXIF data in folders of photos and provide reports about things like distribution of apertures and shutter speeds used, distribution of focal lengths used, etc.. Is there a way to do this? If there is, can it work with Nikon's NEF format or must the photos be JPG? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can Photo Mechanic deliver reports based on EXIF data?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:07:14 AM »
I'm using Photo Mehanic 4.6.8. I've searched these forums and I've browsed the user manual trying to find out if Photo Mechanic is able to scan through EXIF data in folders of photos and provide reports about things like distribution of apertures and shutter speeds used, distribution of focal lengths used, etc.. Is there a way to do this? If there is, can it work with Nikon's NEF format or must the photos be JPG? Thanks!

No, but you could export various fields as text and use some other program to create those insights.  PM can work equally well in getting EXIF information from NEFs and JPEGs.

BTW, please get version 4.6.9 as it fixes a number of issues present in version 4.6.8.  It is a free update for all PM 4.6.x users.

-Kirk

Offline ggeinec

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can Photo Mechanic deliver reports based on EXIF data?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
No, but you could export various fields as text and use some other program to create those insights.  PM can work equally well in getting EXIF information from NEFs and JPEGs.

Thanks. I was was hoping for something simpler.

BTW, please get version 4.6.9 as it fixes a number of issues present in version 4.6.8.  It is a free update for all PM 4.6.x users.

Thanks for recommending this. I had downloaded the update some time ago and never followed through with installing it. Done.  ;)